【Hunter Select】AR-15 15" Keymod Freefloat Handguard One Piece Design #00302
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
- 15" T6 7075 Aluminum Alloy.
- One piece free float design slim and light weight.
- Features picatinny top rail.
- Comes with Keymod rail section and NSR type barrel nut.
Free- Float Handguard including NSR Barrel Nut Installation Instruction and Tips:
1) Hand tightened the barrel nut on both ways to determine which side would align the best. The top set of holes landed just shy of 12 o'clock (with clockwise being the direction the barrel nut was turned to tighten it on).
2) After removing and applying grease to the threads, I torqued the nut to the receiver at 40lbs. You need to do this multiple times.
3) After each torque down I removed the barrel nut with a breaker bar and increased the weight on my torque wrench for the next torque down. The nine times was a result of how many of these repetitions I had to complete in order to reach the proper torque weight (which aligned the nut properly).
KeyMod is a universal interface system for firearm accessory components designed to surpass the MIL-STD-1913 accessory rails.The concept was first created by VLTOR Weapon Systems.
This Hunter Select AR-15 handguard is a light weight free floating handguard rail and it features a continuous mil-spec 1913 picatinny top rail. The single rail design allows quick installation of QD front iron sight, IR/Laser, weapon light, or other tactical accessories.
Rail systems are important, but they’re not all there is. Hunter Select AR-15 KeyMod Rail Handguards offer great clearance with their single unit free floated design. You can manage recoil and take advantage of the light weight of this handguard.
Quad rail handguards typically come in three standard sizes: carbine length, mid length, and rifle length. We carry carbine length, mid length, rifle length and extended length. The size of the quad rail handguard you want to use will depend on the length of the gas tube system on your rifle. The length of your gas tube system should be clearly labeled by the manufacturer of your rifle or AR-15 upper. Otherwise you can check by measuring the distance between the front of the AR-15 lower receiver and the rear of the front sight/gas block. To avoid an exposed gas block, the distance between the receiver and front sight/ gas block should be no longer than 14" for this handguard rail system.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.